Sunday, April 12, 2009

Praying for a miracle

My precious child,

When I was younger, your Uncle Hays used to always taunt me during fights by telling me I was an accident. And we fought often, so I heard this all growing up. No matter how much Tutu and Pozz told me it wasn't so, it was hard to shake that thought out of my head. I never want you to feel that way, so I have decided to start this journal for you.

Coming from a very long line of superstitious people, I debated on when to actually start this blog. After I found out I was pregnant? After we were in the "safe zone" past 12 weeks? When? I decided that I wanted you to know from the start that your daddy and I were praying for you. Yes you, our miracle third child. This blog may go on for years before God blesses us, if He blesses us, but I still want to have this just for you. Something you won't have to share with your sisters. As the third child myself, I know the pains of having to share my baby albums with my siblings!

At the start of the new year (2009), Daddy and I started talking about when we should start trying for you. We didn't debate long and decided the sooner the better! We are now in April and I am still not pregnant with you. I was supposed to have blood work done yesterday to make sure everything is okay with me (your sister Charlotte was a fertility baby), but the doctor forgot to call in the orders. Hopefully we will know something tomorrow when the doctor is back in her office.

So my dear sweet baby, this journal is for you. It is about the trials of trying to conceive you and hopefully one day all about my pregnancy with you.

Much love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment