Each fertility round starts on day 3 (or 4 if necessary). Since my period started on Saturday, day 3 fell on Monday. No big deal except for the fact that Charlotte did not have school due to teacher in-service and Frances woke up with 101.4 fever.
Awesome.
Anne was kind enough to watch Charlotte for me, but Frances had to come with me so we could make our back-to-back doctor appointments.
(And yes, technically I could have made my appointment for day 4, but come on, we are talking about me here. Patience is NOT my strong suit. I accept it and move on.)
Now, a little back ground on Dr. S's office. It is a new building with a charming Louisiana feel. The inside is pretty fancy for a doctor's office and it is always as quiet as a library. Not the best place for kids, but since they are in the business of making kids, I figured they wouldn't mind Frances tagging along.
Dr. S runs a tight ship, and for each of my prior visits, I have been in and out in under 30 minutes. After waiting in the main lobby, they call you back to the ultrasound waiting room. Usually I am alone, but some days there has been one other person there. After a short wait, it is time for your ultrasound then you meet with one of the nurses to go over you medication. Then a quick visit with Dr. S for a recap, then you are on your way.
Easy peays.
Except not this time.
No, on the morning I have to bring my toddler, the place is a zoo. The ultrasound tech was on vacation, causing Dr. S to have to do all the ultrasounds, and thus a delay in the system.
Frances was a perfect angel, sitting on my lap watching Max and Ruby on my iPhone. As we sat there and waiting with the two other women, the thing I couldn't get over was the level of the music being piped into the room. It was blaring from overhead, almost to the point of being uncomfortable.
But then I took a second to listen to what was playing.
It was worship music.
And I nearly started crying.
It was as if He was saying, "I'm here with you on this journey."
I felt a wave of relief and a reassurance that we were on the right path on our quest for more children.
My ultrasound was a blur. Between keeping Frances entertained and Dr. S talking with the intern, I missed the outcome. But, round 3 is still a go, so I am assuming all is well.
I started Clomid last night. I take a total of five 50 mg pills. On Wednesday I start the Follistim and will have to get 5 injections in my stomach. Monday is my ultrasound to check for follicle growth, and then we will proceed from there. If there are any follicle big enough, my IUI will be on either Tuesday or Wednesday. If they are not big enough, then I will have to do a few more days of injections.
Let the countdown to Monday begin!

No comments:
Post a Comment