Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another promising ultrasound

This morning I had my ultrasound to check the size of the follicles.  A size 18 or greater is needed to produce a "good" egg.  I was a bit apprehensive about this ultrasound due to my body's adverse reaction to the medication used to stimulate said follicles, but it seems my worry was for nothing.

On one side I have a 16 and 18 mm follicles, and on the other another 18 mm follicle.

Hooray for small blessings!

I don't think I could have emotionally been able to process an unfavorable outcome, so I just won't go there right now.  For now, I will take this as a sign that maybe, just maybe, we are on the right path.

Wade gave me my HCG shot (I think that is what it is called) tonight to tell my body to release the follicles and on Thursday morning I will get my IUI. 

Same as last time, we will have to wait two weeks until we can take a pregnancy test to find out if it worked.

I am slowly letting myself start to have hope....

No comments:

Post a Comment