Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Round One: It Starts

This morning I had an ultrasound to check for follicles (thank you Anne for helping with Charlotte), then met with Dr. S for a little Q&A session. 

I did have a few follicles, which is good, but there is no way to know if they are of any quality. 

Dr. S started me on Femara (similar to Clomid, from what I gathered) - 10 pills taken all tonight - and then we wait.  A week from today I will get another ultrasound to see if any of the follicles have grown, and if they have, to make sure they are big enough.  Dr. S was very honest and said he would be surprised if I had any that would be "ready" next week.  If they are not, then I will start hormone shots to help them to grow. 

Other concerns are for me long-term.  Early menopause and osteoporosis is a greater risk for me.  I will need to watch my levels over the next few years and work out a game plan with my OB.  For now, calcium supplements and more weight time at the gym is in order.  It is hard for me to think about that part of this problem at the moment, but I know it is something that I need to address. 

Today has been another emotional day.  Up then down then back up again.  Fewer tears today and more acceptance of the possibility that #3 just might not be.  It still hurts to admit that though. 

Maggie seemed to sense something was up, as she followed me all over the house today, never leaving my side.  She gave me plenty of kisses and even tried to get into the tub with me!  It was comforting to have her support, as silly as that sounds. 

The girls were extra cute today as well and it eased my sorrow.  Frances kept giving me kisses and Charlotte was saying as many potty mouth words (poo poo, hiney, etc) she could think of to make me laugh. 

I sure do love those girls. 

When I met Wade, I knew that if he wasn't the man I was going to marry, that I would be hard pressed to find someone as amazing as him.  Everyday we are together, I am amazed that he is mine.  As scared and nervous as I was going into the ultrasound this morning, he had me in stitches just before my name was called.  Thank you, my love, for being my rock, my sounding board, my voice of reason, and my best friend. 

So, until a week from today, we are in limbo.  Just more prayers and trying hard not to think about it every second of the day.  Good thing I have two of the most adorable distractions. 

2 comments:

  1. Just want you to know that I read this blog religiously. I don't always comment because it's hard for me to find the right words. I pray for you and Wade nightly. You are both wonderful, amazing people. And you deserve #3. All my love to the May family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy. It is hard for me to find the words sometimes too, but it does help knowing that I have friends praying for us!

    ReplyDelete