Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Good job!"

Whew!  What a day. 

I was nervous going into the ultrasound this morning, but was working hard to keep my hopes up.  I just had to have faith that this would would.  That it could work. 

The visit started off with blood work, then off to get my ultrasound. 

First up, right ovary.  Looks good.  I don't remember the count, but there are a few good size follicles.  Next up, left ovary.  "Good job!," the technician said.  "There is one at 18 (perfect size), one at 16.7, so 17, and another at 15 which is still growing." 

I my heart skipped a beat, and I was fighting back tears.  What a blessing!

Then it was off to meet with Dr. S and discuss our game plan.  My first question was how do we know if the eggs are good?  While we won't really know, Dr. S said that my body is reacting to the medicine like a "normal" 30-year-old and that is a great sign!  For the first time since "the call" he actually sounded positive. 

I got a call just past 1:00 from the nurse and my blood work looks good.  Wade is to give me the shot at 8:15 tonight (why 8:15, I don't know....but they are the pros, so 8:15 it is) to release the follicles, then I go in Friday morning at 11:15 for my IUI. 

It is crazy to type this, but in two days, I could have the start of our third child in my belly!  What a 180 that is from last week's report from the doctor!

Charlotte was so adorable this morning when I got her from Anne.  When I dropped her off with Anne, I explained to her that she would be hanging out with Aunt Anne while I went to the doctor.  No short answer is good enough for this girl, and many "whys" followed.   I finally told her, "Mama and Daddy want another baby, and the doctor is hopefully help us get one!  Would you like a baby brother or sister?"

Her eyes got big and she beamed, "YEAH!" 

The first words out of her mouth when I got her from Anne were, "Do da doctor put a baby in your belly?  Do him put a brother in there!?" 

Oh, sweet girl, I sure hope so.  From your lips to God's ears.....

2 comments:

  1. that's wonderful news Blair! I will say lots of prayers for Friday! Thanks for sharing your journey with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That is awesome news. I am so happy things are looking positive. I am praying for you, and I hope Charlotte gets her little brother soon.

    ReplyDelete