This morning I had my first appointment with our high risk doctor, Dr. B. He was wonderful. Very nice, ready to get a game plan going, and just put my mind at ease.
We got to do two ultrasounds, one with the technician and one with Dr. B. With Dr. B, he kept it in high-def most of the time and it was so amazing. While the baby is only 2 ounces (yes ounces, not pounds), it is a BABY. He (and I will just use he for the ease of writing, not because we know the sex) was a moving and a shaking! His cord was looped around his leg and at times he was holding it in his hand.
Profile shot
The yellow lines show where the cord is around his leg.
Hey mama, how 'bout some food down here!
Shy baby looking away from the ultrasound.
It is too early to tell how my cervix is doing (which was an issue with Frances), so we will check that in two weeks.
His main concern is my weight, or lack there of. According to studies, women whose BMI is within their recommended range are less likely to go into preterm labor. Since my BMI is less than the recommended range for my height, he wants me to pack on 25-30 pounds....before I hit 24 weeks! Yikes! Might be a bit difficult since Christmas Baby doesn't like meat, pizza, or most things fattening, but I will do my best. I have started drinking Ensure along with meals and tonight I was able to eat some fried chicken.
Next week I will start my P17 shots to help prevent preterm labor. I took them with Frances and even though she was still a preemie, I think they helped.
I am excited to have Dr. B on board helping us and am hopeful he can keep this baby cooking past 34 weeks. My goal is to have a 36-38 weeker. What a miracle that would be!





No comments:
Post a Comment