Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The human body is amazing

When I first started this high-calorie diet, I went to bed every night feeling sick - not from morning sickness, but from just eating so much!  As Mere would have said, I was full up to my eyeballs.  The thought of putting one more drop of food in my body made my stomach churn. 

But slow and steady, my body has accepted this mission and has started to turn the corner.  Yesterday I was hungry about every two hours, almost like clock work, and was even fighting off hunger pains when I went to bed.  If I hadn't been so tired, I would have gone downstairs for a snack!  Today has been pretty much the same - hungry every two hours and not feeling sick when I am done eating!

And you want to know the best part?  Yesterday afternoon I actually craved salsa!  I didn't have any to try to see if Christmas Baby agreed with that craving, but oh, it was so nice to want salsa again.  I cannot tell you how much I have missed my chips and salsa.  Some days I wonder if I am part Mexican with my love for Mexican food.

I haven't weighted myself since yesterday, but I was up to 133.5 yesterday morning!  Two pounds in a week isn't too shabby. It won't get me to my goal, but it would be close.   

I am 15 weeks today and time is just flying by.  Hard to believe that pretty soon I might start feeling the baby move around!  I feel like we just found out I was pregnant, and yet, here we are nearly halfway through the pregnancy. 

I am anxious for my high risk appointment next week.  Dr. B will check my cervix and we will know more on my limitations.  I have been feeling great though - no pressure or cramping.  This baby seems to be just plugging along. 

Until then, I'll just keep on eating!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear all is well! And for the record, I think Chili's has the best salsa! Perfectly peppered and seasoned...Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete