Friday, June 25, 2010

Baby got back

Remember when I said I would grow two tails, a butt bigger than J. Lo's, and five extra arms if it meant my child would be healthy and happy?

Yeah, well it seems God is a follower of my blog (or He just knows my thoughts and prayers, one of the two), and thought, "Well, I can't do the tail thing and extra arms are definitely out, so let's just go with the J. Lo butt."

Oh, that sense of humor of His. 

In all seriousness, my butt is getting BIG.  I would say 90% of my weight gain has gone to my "big back poach," as my sweet girls like to call it, 6% to my belly, and 4% to "the girls."  Can't my girls and my back porch switch?

I am finally feeling better and working on consuming the 3,500-4,000 calorie diet the nutritionist put me on.  Gaining 25-30 pounds in 10 weeks is no easy task!

What?  That sounds fun you say?  Yeah, not so much.  Eating 4,000 calories just because you feel like it is one thing.  Having to do it for 10 weeks straight, not so much.  It's not like I can just pig out on sweets and the fun stuff.  While I was never at risk for gestational diabetes for either of my previous pregnancies, it is not something I want for this one.  I am trying to do this the right way that will be healthy for both the baby and me. 

Yesterday was the first day I was able to get close to the 4,000 mark, and let me tell you, I pretty much just ate all. day. long.  And there is no snacking in a 4,000 calorie diet. It is all meals.  For example, my afternoon "snack" today was a cheeseburger from McDonald's.  Yesterday it was a 5 inch turkey po-boy.  I also have to drink two Ensure Plus with a cup of whole milk to add 1,000 calories to my day. If I am behind on my weight gain, then I might have to add in a third one. 

But, even if there is just the slightest chance that this would mean a full-term baby, then eat I will.  So far I am up a few pounds.  I think I need a new scale because I go to bed weighing about 135 (last night it was actually 138!  Woo hoo!), but wake up and it says I am back down to 131 (it was 133 this am).  Now I know I am not burning that many calories in my sleep!

I will get to 155 by week 24 though.  Come hell or high water! 

(For the record, I delivered Charlotte weighing in just below 160 and Frances at 155.  So, as you can see, I have my work cut out for me!)
Me at 14 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment