Thursday, July 1, 2010

Butterflies in my belly

My precious child,

Yesterday as I was driving, I felt this pop in my belly down below my seat belt that made me jump.  "That couldn't be the baby," I thought.  "I'm only 15 weeks!"   But yet a few minutes later I felt it again.  Then again later that night. 

I still wasn't 100% sure it was you until today.  I was lying on the couch when all of the sudden I felt you do what must have been a flip in my tummy.  There was no denying that it was you moving!  Oh, what an amazing feeling. 

Even now as I type, you keep tapping on my tummy and I love it!  The greatest feeling in the world and I feel so blessed to get to experience it again for the third time! 

Charlotte was so excited when I told her I felt you move.  She rushed to my side and quickly put her hand on my belly.  "Move Christmas Baby!" she yelled to my tummy.  "I wanna feel you move!  Kick Mama!" 

And my love, this is the only time you get to listen to her when she instructs you to "kick Mama", so live it up!  Every tap warms my heart and brings a smile to my face!

I love you with all of my heart,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. aww congrats! it's the best feeling! I'm glad everything is going so well! Baby Christmas will be here before you know it... and just a few more weeks until you will know if it is a HE OR SHE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete