Wednesday, April 21, 2010

5 weeks

My precious child,

I am five weeks pregnant today!  According to About.com, your heart will begin beating this week and your head and "tail" are taking shape.  Your eyes, ears, mouth, and limb buds will also be visible.  What a miracle! 

So far I am feeling really good.  I am hungry about every two hours or so and fear I might turn into a chip.  My cramping has not been as bad today and I am so thankful for that!  I was starting to really worry.  I am eager for morning sickness to kick in - crazy, I know - for I am eager for a sign that my body is doing what it should to help you grow.  I just looked in Charlotte's pregnancy journal (poor middle child Frances does not have one!), and morning sickness for her did not kick in until week 7 - so two more weeks to go!

Right now I haven't gained too much weight, which is surprising considering how many bags of chips I have consumed in the past few days!  I would say I have gained about two pounds so far (again, on par with Charlotte's pregnancy) and am feeling great.  I am a bit tired, but nothing like I remember from previous pregnancies. 

I am doing my best to rest and stay off my feet.  Your sisters are being so good about me not picking them up.  Frances now wants me to hold her hand wherever she goes and Charlotte, smart cookie, just calls for your Daddy!   It is hard not to feel lazy bumming out on the couch while your sisters are at school, but I am hopeful the rest will help you grow. 

Thirteen days until we get to see you on the ultrasound!  I cannot wait! 

Much love,
Mama

3 comments:

  1. so I read the link after I wrote you back... wow CONGRATS!!! Do your precious girls know?? HOW EXCITING!!! I'm so happy for my blogger friend!! :) And of course, I'm not surprised at all Baby May already has his or her own blog with a ton of entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They don't yet. They know we have been asking God to put a baby in my belly, but we are waiting for the US in 13 days. Just want to make sure everything is okay before we tell them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take it easy!!!! I have a great feeling about your little bean and pray for him/her constantly! I think it is a third girl already!!!

    ReplyDelete