Thursday, April 15, 2010

The most special present

Well, I did it.  I survived waiting an extra day to find out if round 3 worked.  Though I won't lie, every time I went to the restroom yesterday, I kept thinking, I could be peeing on a stick and I would know!

But I didn't.  I was strong.  And boy am I so glad we waited!

This morning around 6:20, I couldn't wait any longer.  I had been tossing and turning since about 5:00 with dreams of a positive pregnancy test floating in my head.  I went to the bathroom with Wade following closely behind. 

"Couldn't wait, could ya?" he said with a laugh.

"No! I am dying!" I said.

And within 20 seconds, it started to show up.  That elusive second line.

"No way!  Shut it!  That is a line!" I squealed.

"No it isn't," Wade said.

"It is! It is!" I said while jumping up and down like a school girl. 

And sure enough it was!  I still can't believe it, but we are over the moon with excitement!

I will go in for blood work this morning to make sure my hormone levels are okay.  There is a chance this was a bad egg that took, so we are keeping this on the down low until we know for sure.  We won't tell the girls for a few weeks, so please don't say anything to them if you see them.
**********
Precious little one,

I pray you will always know how long we have prayed for you and how much joy you have brought to our lives already! 

You, my love, are the best birthday present we could have ever asked for! (Today is your daddy's birthday!)

Much love,
Mama

3 comments:

  1. OMG! OMG! OMG!

    I couldn't wait to check your blog this morning to see if this round worked! I am so excited for you Blair!

    Love that you guys got this incredible news on Wade's birthday:)

    I will keep this quiet, so don't worry. Just so so happy for the May family today!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried reading this. I'm so excited for you and Wade! Amazing! I, too, couldn't wait till Wade's birthday to hear the results. I'm praying this all works out great and in nine months you have a precious baby in your arms. I know it will. Congrats!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Your support has meant so much!

    We are so thrilled right now and it was extremely special that we found out on Wade's birthday!

    ReplyDelete