**Note: Today's post will refer to the baby as a girl for ease of writing. We still do not know the sex of the baby, nor do we want to. I will just alternate posts using male and female.**
I wish I could go back to being that naive first-time pregnant mom I was when I was pregnant with Charlotte and causally thought, "Oh it would be so fun to have her early so I could do this, this, and this." I wish I didn't know what it was like to have a child, even a healthy one, in the NICU. I wish I didn't know what it felt like to go into labor early, fearing the doctors wouldn't be able to stop it.
I wish I were one of those pregnant women would could run a marathon the week before they deliver. I wish I were the kind of pregnant mom who didn't have to worry if she were doing too much. I wish I didn't have to tell my children "no" so much when they ask me to help them, carry them, or come upstairs for the millionth time.
I wish. I wish. I wish.
But wishing will get me nowhere, as will worrying. And I have to tell you, I have been doing a lot of both things these past few weeks.
My poor baby. I fear she is going to come out needing a script for Prozac! I am just so worried about her. When my body started having contractions on the beach, I completely broke down. I am just so scared something bad is going to happen. We have been so unbelievably blessed so far and some days I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.
(My precious little one, I am sorry if my nerves are affecting you. If you grow up to be a nervous person, 1) know that you come by it very naturally and 2) that you can 100% blame me for your nervous habit!)
I woke up this morning having a contraction so strong, I could feel the outline of the baby. This did nothing for my nerves. I just knew something had to be wrong and was counting down the seconds until my 11:15 appointment. I finally got called back at 11:45 and had to wait a bit longer for Dr. B to come in.
The baby was moving around so much for the ultrasound that I couldn't watch the screen for fear she would do a flip and I would catch a glimpse of her bottom! So I just sat there and told Dr. B to tell me when he had a still frame up.
Dr. B isn't too concerned about my contractions. He says they are very "normal" and to be excepted at this stage in the game. If they do increase in frequency, he will put me on some medication to help stop them. Since things are staying right on track, he wants to wait 3 more weeks until he checks me again (rather than in 2 weeks). When the time comes (probably around week 25) he wants to start doing the fFN (Fetal Fibronectin) test.
I loved seeing the 3D pictures of the baby. She is adorable and (I think) looks a lot like Wade! I am so thankful everything is still going well and am going to really work on not worrying. Thank you for all the prayers that have been sent up for us. They are very appreciated and help ease my mind.




Reading this sure puts my pregnancies into persective. I was the one that complained the whole time I was pregnant because I was miserable and was able to exercise the whole time....even doing the elliptical machine the nights before both of mine were born. Thanks for sharing this and helping me not to be so selfish should we be lucky enough to have baby #3 one day!
ReplyDeleteAw, Stephanie! You are so sweet. I feel guilty for wishing things were different for I know I am so lucky to even be pregnant. But it is human nature I guess.
ReplyDeleteI feel so guilty all the time because I say things like "I hated being pregnant" and one of my best friends has been trying for almost 4 years and can't get pregnant. I have been so lucky and you are right, it is human nature to complain. Praying for you and Christmas baby to stay healthy! :)
ReplyDelete