Friday, July 16, 2010

So loved

My precious little one,

You haven't even taken your first breath and yet you are so loved.  I hear a minimum of 20 times a day, "I love Christmas (or Tiss-miss if Frances is saying it) Baby!"  Most mornings those are the first words out of Frances' mouth!

Yesterday morning the girls were fighting over who got to love you. 

"I have loved you a long time," Charlotte told Frances.  "Now I am going to love Christmas Baby."

"NO!" Frances shouted.  "I lub Tiss-mis Baby!" 

Back and forth they went until they were both in tears.

And Charlotte is very concerned about how you are keeping yourself busy in my belly.  "Why him have no toys?" she keeps asking.  "What him doing in there den?" 

I try to explain that you are just eating and growing, but she isn't buying it. 

When we told the girls this afternoon that you would be sleeping downstairs with us at the new house, Charlotte was not having it.  We explained that we needed you downstairs so I could come feed you when you cry in the middle of the night. 

"Well, I'll hear him.  I can bring him down to you!" Charlotte offered. 

Yes, my precious little one, you are so very loved. 

And I take it from the kick you just gave me as I typed that last sentence that the feeling is mutual!

No comments:

Post a Comment