I have a love/hate relationship with starting a new week. I love that I am one week further along in my pregnancy. That my baby has had one more week to grow and develop. I love that I am one week closer to holding that sweet baby in my arms, to introducing him/her to his/her big sisters. And one week closer to all the fun things that happen during your pregnancy - feeling the baby move at times other than when you are still (the only time I can fell him/her now), feeling the baby have hiccups (my personal favorite!), and just knowing that you have something that weighs over a couple of pounds living inside you. It is all just such a miracle!
But, and there is a big but here, I HATE that it brings the need for my P17 shots. Oh. My. Stars. Does this shot HURT! The medicine is so thick, it takes Wade a good minute or two to draw up 1 cc and a good 30 seconds to push it all in hip. Thankfully the medicine doesn't burn going in, but you can feel it. It is an odd sensation that travels all down my leg and almost has this paralyzing feeling while it is going in. Sort of like that tingling feeling you get when a body part falls asleep on you. And the fun doesn't stop there. Last week it was two nights before I could even lay on my left side and a good four days before tenderness went away.
And you want to know the real kicker? If I do have what Dr. B suspects I have, then these shots are doing me no good. They aren't hurting the baby, they just aren't doing a damn thing to help keep the baby in.
Wonderful.
So, I just have to suck it up, pray this miracle shot does its job and gets us to 38 weeks (my goal - Hey, I can dream big!). It didn't work for Frances, but maybe just like our third round of fertility, the third time will be the charm!

I have a friend that has a bicornuate uterus or normally called a 'horned uterus' and she carried her baby to 39 weeks. They watched her like a hawk to make sure she didn't go into labor early....which sounds like you are being watched very closely too. I have faith you will make it to the 40 weeks with this baby where they may have to make him/her come!!! :)
ReplyDelete-Connie
Thanks Connie! It is so great to hear about someone who made it that far. My motto this pregnancy is "I think I can, I think I can!"
ReplyDeleteI am going to do everything in my power to make it that far!