Wednesday, August 4, 2010

20 week "normal" check-up

This morning I had my monthly check-up with my "normal" OB.  It was pretty uneventful.  Pee in a cup, blood pressure check, weight check, measure belly, any questions, none, then see you in four weeks.

Seriously, I'm not quite sure I have to see my normal OB with all these in depth check-ups I get with Dr. B, but whatever, it is always fun to hear the baby's heartbeat! 

It seems I have another mover on my hands (Lord help me if this one squirms more than Frances does once he/she is out!).  Dr. T found the heartbeat right away, then the baby moved.  He found it again, then the baby moved.  He found it again, and thankfully the baby finally stayed long enough for his machine could register the heart rate.  (And it appears we have a theme going here with the third time being the charm.)  Today the heart rate was at 150. 

I am measuring right on track belly wise and Dr. T says everything looks good.  His nurse was cracking me up though.  She got my weight then took me to the exam room.  A few minutes later she popped her head back in and said, "You gained 9 pounds since last time and 10 pounds the time before that.  Maybe because you were so sick in the beginning?"

"No, I'm supposed to be doing that for Dr. B," I explained.

"Oh, okay," she said sounding relived.  "Because some women freak out when they hear that." 

So yes, I am getting up there on the scales, but according to Dr. B's scale, I am 2-7 pounds away from my goal of 150-155 pounds by 24 weeks!  I may hate the way Ensure makes me feel after I drink it, but it sure is helping pack on those pounds. 

My precious little one,

I cannot believe we are halfway through this pregnancy!  Time is flying by and I fear this will all be over before I know it.  I am trying my best to savor every second you are in my belly, and I am loving all those flips you are doing.  I can feel you move now more and more and it brings a smile to my face every time. 

I hope all that moving means you are enjoying your time in there and plan on staying in there well past 34 weeks. 

We all love you very much and cannot wait to meet you (after December 8th, that is!),
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment