I have a confession to make. I have never nested before. Crazy, I know, but it is true. With Charlotte, I was working so much and just so tickled to be pregnant that somehow I skipped that step. With Frances, I had so many complications even if I did have the urge to nest I couldn't.
Well, Christmas Baby seems to be making up for this and then some. I. cannot. stop. cleaning!
I am so tired and all I want to do is lay on the couch, but the second I sit down I see something that needs to be picked up. Or folded. Or wiped down.
Today I had big plans of lounging around and resting while both girls were at school. The house was cleaned yesterday by Rebecca, so there was not much nesting I could do. Or so I thought.
I sat down at my desk to check my email when I became overwhelmed with the need to file. I hate filing, so much so that the last time I did it was in December. I got 80% of it done today, and plan of finishing up the rest tomorrow (my back hurts to much to do it right now).
I have another confession. I am apparently a hoarder. I found statements that date back to 2003. Two thousand and THREE! That is seven years ago, people. I did lots of purging today, and it felt so good.
Of course Wade is hoping this nesting thing stick around long after the baby is out, much like my love of hamburgers after my pregnancy with Charlotte, but I am not holding my breath. It is exhausting keeping the house this straight and clean.
Just don't tell him how much I enjoy having it this neat and clean all the time. He might remind me of this when the house is a wreck and our three kids are running wild.

No comments:
Post a Comment