This afternoon we headed over to Dr. B's office for another cervix check. The baby is looking great and measuring right on track. He (and again, I will just be using the male sex this post. We still do not know the sex.) is about 1 pound, 1 ounce and was moving all around. Dr. B said, "He is moving around more than a pit bull in a potato sack!"
We got some great shots of the baby, but for some reason, Dr. B didn't burn the good ones to the CD. I am too exhausted right now to scan them, so here is the one good shot he gave us. I'll scan the others in tomorrow.
3D foot
After the tummy ultrasound, it was time to check my cervix. Dr. B took a few measurements and came out with an average cervix length of 2.5cm. That means my cervix has shortened 0.3cm since my check-up 3 weeks ago. While I am still in the "safe" zone as far as my cervix goes, any shortening is not good. He wants to see me back next week to check the length again. If it has shortened again, we will discuss doing a cerclage. After 24 weeks, it is not recommended that they do this procedure, so our window of opportunity is closing pretty quickly. He also mentioned possibly doing the fFN test as well so we would know all of the facts. If that test were to come back positive (a sign that my body is prepping for labor), then a cerclage is probably a sure thing. If that comes back negative and my cervix remains the same, then no cerclage. I am not sure what will happen if the fFN test is negative and my cervix shortens some more. I guess we will cross that bridge a week from today.
I will not lie, I am worried. At my last appointment, I went in petrified that something was wrong, and everything ended up being A-okay. Today I went in feeling great not worried one bit, and Dr. B seemed very concerned. Which of course has me very concerned.
I wish I had a record of when my cervix started to shorten for Frances, so I could have a benchmark, but alas I didn't keep that great of records for her (sorry, Fran!). So for now I am just going to try to take things easy until next week.


No comments:
Post a Comment