This morning's check-up was pretty uneventful. Dr. T did not want to check my cervix as to "not stir things up," so I no clue if I have dilated any more since my stint in the hospital.
The baby's heart rate was 150 and my belly is measuring right on track. I am currently 162 pounds, so no change since my last visit. Dr. T is not concerned with my lack of weight gain since I am sick and on bed rest.
He did order a repeat CMV check just to make sure this cold is not something more serious. We wouldn't do anything differently if this is CMV, but it will impact how they care for the baby once he/she arrives. We should have those results back within a week.
Dr. T is keeping me on bed rest until at least 36 weeks - after that he said it is up to me if I want to stay on or not. He is pretty comfortable with me going into labor after 36 weeks, but is not against me trying to stay pregnant longer. I am just tickled he thinks we can make it that far!
He did ask that I not go into labor this weekend as he will be out of town for his son's soccer tournament. I laughed and said, "Well, that might be the nail in the coffin. 1) I have never made it further than 34 weeks, 5 days, 2) both my girls were born on a Saturday, and 3) the OB who cared for me during my pregnancy has never delivered me."
His response, "Let's just plan on next Saturday. I'm on call then."
Have I mentioned I love my doctor?
So what do you say, Christmas Baby? Care to hold out until 35 weeks and 3 days? Better yet, let's shoot for 36 weeks and 3 days.

No comments:
Post a Comment