Friday, November 19, 2010

A ton of bricks

My precious little one,

Well, the week has finally caught up with me and last night the weight of all that has happened the past week hit me like a ton of bricks. 

I cried with worry for you, for all that this means to you and how it will affect your life.  How this might make your life more difficult.  For how I let my guard down and failed to protect you.  Why did I think for a second we were in the safe zone?  Why did I not think I could still catch this virus from your sisters or someone else?  Why was I not better about washing my hands and using hand sanitizer? 

How could I have failed you so?

You are so tough in my belly, hanging on longer than your sisters ever did and making it through a horrible stomach bug and my dehydration.  You keep kicking me and doing big moves to let me know you are strong and still doing well.  I pray this virus is staying away from you and not harming your precious body. 

I know God has great things in store for you, little one, and I promise to never, ever let my guard down again.  I will be your greatest protector and will do everything in my power to keep you safe from harm. 

I will never fail you again. 

I love you with ever fiber of my being and cannot wait to hold you in my arms.  Please keep those kicks up.  Feeling you move is one of my greatest joys. 

Much love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment