Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bed rest - day 1

Well, I survived my first day of bed rest.  It was the perfect day for being lazy - rain, rain, and more rain.  I even got to take a nap!

Anne helped with Frances this morning while Charlotte was at school and Mia drove down to help us out for a few days. 

I went in this morning and got my second dose of steriod shot (and possibly snuck into the polling place on the way home to vote) and have been contraction free all day....until this afternoon.  They started back up around 4:00 and now seem to be picking up.  I'm timing them now to see how long they are and far apart, but it's not looking good. 

(Update:  I had "uterine irritability" (i.e. contractions less than 60 seconds) from 4:00 until about 6:00, then real contractions until 8:00ish that were anywhere from 7-15 minutes apart, then back to uterine irritability until about 9:30.)

The girls have been a huge help this afternoon.  Charlotte did some checking up on Christmas Baby. 
Dr. Charlotte said, "Everything sounds good!"

And Frances brought me one of Charlotte's stuffed animals to snuggle with.

And sweet Maggie, well, she has been the world's greatest bed rest snuggler.  Not sure how I would have made it through the day without her! 
Maggie snuggling with Christmas Baby 
I mean really, have you ever seen a sweeter dog? 
Mags, I think you might be enjoying this bed rest a touch too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment