This morning I had my 35 week check-up with Dr. T. 35 weeks! That is something I thought I would never get to say!
Dr. T is hopeful that the CMV won't affect the baby much. His theory is he has probably seen hundreds of women who get "head colds" in their 3rd trimester that most certainly could have been CMV, they just didn't test for it, and their babies all were healthy. Oh, how I pray he is right.
I have an ultrasound scheduled on Monday with Dr. B to check for signs of CMV exposure to the baby. He can do an amniocentesis to see if the baby is positive for CMV, but that is all it would tell us. It wouldn't tell us the effects on the baby, if any. An ultrasound is much less invasive and they will be able to see an enlarged liver or any changes to the brain/head.
I am, of course, anxious for my ultrasound on Monday, but thankful for each day this little one continues to kick and grow in my belly. 36 weeks, here we come!
35 weeks, 1 day

No comments:
Post a Comment