Did you feel that big gust of wind around 7:15 this morning? Well that was me breathing a HUGE sigh of relief for waking up still pregnant at 34 weeks! Now I know that 34 weeks isn't the magic number and the baby isn't necessarily in the clear, but 34 weeks is much better than 33 weeks.
I have been having a few contractions this morning, but nothing major. The bed rest really seems to help keep the contractions down.
My fever came back yesterday, and feels as if it is on the verge of coming back. Dr. T is not very concerned as long as my fever stays below 101 - which thankfully it has.
My sister reminded me yesterday about the possibility of this "bug" being CMV. My heart sank when I read her text. The thought hadn't even remotely crossed my mind.
Wade was so funny when I reminded him of that possibility. "I was just wondering this morning when you were going to start asking if this was CMV."
"You mean you thought about that!?" I asked flabbergasted. "Why didn't you tell me?!"
"Because I didn't want you to worry. Honestly I was hoping you would never make the connection, and I could get Dr. T to run blood work without you knowing."
God, I love that man. For many, many, many reasons, but that right there is one of my top ten reasons. He always has everything thought out, under control, and does his best to keep me from worrying about things when I don't have to. Because he knows what a worry wart I am.
I called Dr. T about it, but he doesn't think it is CMV due to the time span between Wade having it and me getting sick. I am somewhat comforted by this fact, but there is a possibility that the girls could have CMV with no symptoms and then passed it on to me. I am trying not to worry about it, and I am going to talk to Dr. T about doing blood work tomorrow just to ease my mind. I just want to know. It does make me feel better that I have a few friends who also have the same head cold/mild fever thing going on right now, so maybe it is just a bug going around.
My weekly check-up with Dr. T is tomorrow, so I will know more about our game plan then. I am hoping he keeps me on bed rest until at least 35 weeks. While bed rest is pretty miserable, I would just LOVE to make it to 35 weeks. Something tells me if I start moving around more, these contractions will come back full force.
Here's praying for seven more days of this baby growing in my belly!
34 weeks

No comments:
Post a Comment