On my drive home that day, I started to pray to God. As the words, "Lord, please let this have worked..." started to come from my mouth, I felt at peace and stopped.
"Lord, I trust in You and Your plan," I prayed.
And that was it.
I have felt so at ease these past two weeks. While I was hoping things would go our way, I trust that things didn't work out for a reason.
Wade and I watched a movie tonight and just as it ended, I heard Frances crying from her room, "Mama! Mom-eeeeee!"
I sprinted up the stairs and scooped up my baby. My baby that is so long, her body bends and almost hits my knees while we rock. She tucked her body into mine and fell right back to sleep.
It was then that I really accepted that another child just might not be.
I am on the verge of my 31st birthday, and I am STILL my mom's and dad's baby girl. A title that I will always cherish.
Something tells me Frances won't mind keeping that title herself.

No comments:
Post a Comment