Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Round Two: It starts

This morning I had an ultrasound to check the follicles to ensure round two is a go (if they are too big, then they are cysts and not follicles - or something medical like that - and we would have to abort mission to deal with the cysts). 

According to the ultrasound technician, I got an A+!

I asked Dr. S about the possibility of over stimulation and our potential game plan for that.  My main question was: If I am overstimulated, rather than abort the mission, could we harvest the eggs to check and make sure they are, in fact, "good" eggs?  Why keep going if the blood work was right and all/most of my eggs are bad?

He said that while examining the eggs is part of the process to check for quality, so is blood work (and what levels it reports) and the ability for the egg to implant and grow.  So, bottom line, taking them out to look at them is only part of the puzzle, and they would still need to be implanted to be 100% sure of quality. 

Clear as mud, as Mere would say.

He is encouraged that we are on the right track and thing will work, so I am as well. 

Added bonus of the visit, he gave me the okay to enjoy a glass or two (or maybe three!) of wine on my birthday.  I was warned to skip the tequila shots. 

In South Louisiana, he has to cover all his bases, though I am pretty sure tequila shots were not in my near future. 

Tonight I take the 10 little pills (cannot remember what they are called, but similar to Clomid) and we wait a week.  Next Tuesday I will get blood work to check my levels and another ultrasound to see how those follicles have grown. 

Cheers to next week and a hopeful belated birthday present!

No comments:

Post a Comment