Friday, February 19, 2010

Not a good sign

Charlotte woke us up around 3:00 am, and since it was technically Friday, I had to take a test.  It was negative.

I was sad, but really too tired to process it.  I took another one this morning when we woke up and got the same result. 

I am surprisingly okay with that result.  Yes, I am disappointed, but not as crushed as I thought I would be.  I have called the doctor to get the game plan, but have not heard back yet.  I am anxious to know the next step (and to be honest, still holding out a sliver of hope that it is a false negative). 

Wade was really sweet (as always) and thought that maybe it didn't take because I have been so sick.  And you know, that would be a huge weight on my shoulders if in fact it had been positive.  While I was on "safe" medicine, those first few weeks are so crucial to development that I really don't want to have anything in my system other than vitamins.

So, that is where we are now.  Waiting on the doctor to call back with the game plan for round two. 

Ooh, just thought of another reason why waiting another month is good.  If I had gotten pregnant, this baby would have had a due date close to Frances and that isn't any fun for my diva Frannie.  She needs her own month as does our (hopeful) third child.  So yeah, one more month is good. 

Round two, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of you all day and hoped you had updated this blog. Sorry these are not the results you had hoped for, but your optimism is infectious!

    I'm glad you are looking for the silver linings! Continuing to pray for May #3!!!

    Have a great weekend, Blair:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! I really am doing good. While it isn't what we hoped for, I am hopeful for next month (or even the next if the case may be)!

    Y'all have a good one too!

    ReplyDelete