Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My body hates me

Last night about 30-45 minutes after taking my 10 tiny little Femara pills, I started to break out in hives.  They were small at first and only a little itchy, but as we approached 11:00, I had HUGE whelps all over my body and I wanted to claw away my skin it itched so badly!

I call my sister in a panic and she thought it might be due to the new detergent I switched to.  "Take two Benadryl and call me in the morning."

So I did, and woke up with whelps on my eye lids, in my ears, on my chin, down my legs, my chest, my arms, EVERYWHERE! 

I called Sarah back and we now both think it is a reaction to the medicine (the first time you take a new drug, you don't always react - it is the second time that is the kicker), and it is time to call Dr. S.  According to his nurse, I am the first patient of theirs to ever have a reaction like this to the medicine. 

Awesome.

Their advice, take two Benadryl and call them at lunch.  I informed them that I did that list night, so they called in some Medrol which I take for six days.  I guess there goes that coveted glass of wine for my birthday. 

UGH!  I am so frustrated right now.  Why does my body hate me so?  It won't carry a baby to term, my ovaries are giving up and failing early, and now my body is rejecting the medicine need to help get baby number three.

I can't help but wonder if this is God's way of telling me enough is enough - you need to stop at two kids. 

I am lost and angry and confused but too stubborn to give up yet.  No, I too much of my grandmother in me for that.  I can just hear her now, "You just wait one cotton-pickin' minute!  If you want a baby, then you do everything you can to get one!" 

She would have never given up, so neither will I.  Oh, I just pray this round works.

No comments:

Post a Comment