Thursday, February 18, 2010

Searching for signs

I am not going to lie, I have been trying very hard NOT to look for signs of pregnancy, but I am failing miserably at it.  Every hint of nausea, my heart skips a beat and I think, Oh! Maybe I am pregnant!

It is sad, very sad.

For the past week I have been so exhausted and have off and on bouts with nausea, however, I have also been battling a nasty cold/cough since last Friday.  All of my "pregnancy" symptoms could clearly be just a result of my illness. 

Tomorrow is the big testing day and I am going to resist the urge to take a test tonight.  For Charlotte I took the test the night before I was supposed to and, sure enough, it was positive!  My logic on being patient and waiting until tomorrow is that maybe if I show this baby (if I am pregnant) some patience, he/she will in turn be patient and be full term.  Silly, I know, but I will do just about anything to not have another preemie. 

I really can't believe that the two weeks are almost up.  The time has gone by much quicker than I anticipated!

The game plan for tomorrow is:
  1. Take pregnancy test first thing in the morning
  2. If positive, go in for blood work to make sure all is okay.
  3. If negative, I am unsure if I get blood work, but I do know I stop taking the Prometrium pills and wait for my period.  Then we will start again for our second of three tries.
  4. Pray.
Even if my test is positive, there is still concern of miscarriage.  While this is true for any pregnancy, I am at a greater risk due to my occult ovarian failure (bad eggs can implant, they just don't stay there for long).  I guess what I am getting at, is even if I do have a positive test tomorrow morning, it wouldn't be reason to start the celebration.  It would be a great hurdle to overcome, but there are a few more to jump before we can breathe easy about the pregnancy. 

I am giddy with anticipation over tomorrow!  I am very hopeful that all will go well, but feel at peace with either outcome. 

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment