This morning I had my 8 week check-up with my doctor, and I am not going to lie, I was struggling. At one point I had to do the "walk of shame" in my tie-to-the-front gown and run to the bathroom. And apparently I must look really bad because the first words out of Dr. T's mouth were, "Well, lets see if we can do something about that morning sickness."
I have really never experienced anything like this. But, my tiny one, if it means you are growing and doing well, then I will take it. I just want you to be okay.
My appointment, other than my jaunt to the restroom, was very uneventful. Dr. T is prescribing me some Phenergan and if that doesn't help (or makes me too tired) then we will move on to Zofran. I really hate taking medicine when I am pregnant, but considering I can hardly eat right now, I will take the help.
I reminded Dr. T about my previous history with preterm labor, and he recommend seeing a high risk OB around 12 weeks. We got to talking more about my pregnancies and after talking about my cervix issues with Frances, he is bumping that up to 10 weeks. So in two weeks I will meet with my high-risk doctor to get a game plan going to keep this baby in until Christmas time!
According to their scale, my weight is pretty much back down to where I started (before morning sickness kicked in, I was up 4 pounds). Hopefully with the Phenergan I will be able to get my weight back up and my body supporting your growing body better!

No comments:
Post a Comment