Friday, May 7, 2010

Perfect timing

My precious child,

When I started this blog, I felt a bit silly. There was no guarantee we would ever get pregnant with you and then what would be the point of this blog? 

I only shared this blog with close family and friends, just so they would have an insight to how I was feeling and what was going on during our quest for you.  It was hard for me to say my feelings out loud and I am guessing hard for my friends to hear as well.   But having this blog as an outlet did help me through some tough times.  Getting my feelings out in the open, even if very few people were reading them, helped me move forward

When Round One and Two didn't work, I was starting to feel discouraged.  I had learned some important lessons along the way, yet it took everything in me to have hope that maybe Round Three would work since we were changing the medication we were using. 

If someone would have told me back when we started this journey how perfect Round Three would be, I would have never believed them.  From the comforting worship music at my first appointment, to the message at May May's, to a really big follicle (which just might be you!), to waiting for your daddy's birthday to find out the wonderful news!  And you know what is even better?  Your pregnancy is touched by having milestones fall on special days.  You were conceived on your cousin Georgia's birthday, we found out we were pregnant on your daddy's birthday, and your due date (if you go by conception date) is on Tammy and Alissa's birthday.  If we calculate your due date from my last period (which is assuming a longer cycle than the fertility rounds were creating), then your due date is Christmas.  What an amazing gift from God!

Yes, looking back I can see that He had the best laid plan for our little family.  It was just so hard to trust and believe when you can't see the finish line. 

And your story, my love, has helped others.  I have received a couple of emails from my friends who are struggling to conceive and your story has brought them hope.  You, a tiny little baby that is still forming in my womb. 

You are one special little one and I am so blessed to be your mama. 

Much love,
Mama

1 comment: