I picked up my Phenergan prescription this afternoon and was hesitant about taking it. I knew it would help with the nausea, but also knew it could knock me out. I took half a pill (appx 12 mg) around 3:30 and got violently ill no less than 10 minutes later. I was cursing that tiny pill, and then just like that, I was 100% better. My appetite was back and I was actually feeling really good.
I was singing the praises of the magical little pill and then it hit me. The drowsiness. I put on a show for the girls and proceeded to zonk out for the entire episode. I have no clue what my girls did for that 30 minutes, but they are alive and that is all I care about.
Thankfully Wade got home from work shortly after and I spent the next 2 hours in and out of sleep. Needless to say, I will NOT be taking another one of those pills.
Thankfully Wade got home from work shortly after and I spent the next 2 hours in and out of sleep. Needless to say, I will NOT be taking another one of those pills.
I was able to eat an actual meal for dinner, so that is a bonus. But, it looks like I am just going to have to pull myself up by my bootstraps and tough this morning sickness out. I might call the doctor and ask about Zofran, but am leery of the side effects. Being a walking zombie is not much better than being nauseated. At least with the nausea, I can somewhat function.
Four more weeks until I hit 12 weeks. I can make it!

No comments:
Post a Comment