Friday, October 8, 2010

Still taunting Charlotte

(Once again, we do not know the sex of the baby. I am using the male sex in this post mainly because that is what the girls refer to the baby as, but also for ease of writing.)

Wednesday while we were waiting for Charlotte to get out of dancing, Frances and I were sitting on the floor just outside Charlotte's dance studio.  Frances was goofing off, climbing all over me like a monkey.  She decided to lay down on me using my big ol' belly as a pillow.  Her head was resting on my belly for no more than a few seconds when Christmas Baby decided to give her a big kick in the head. 

She shot up, eyes wide and a smile as big as Dallas plastered on her face, and squealed, "He kicked me! Tiss-miss Baby kicked me!" 

"I know!  He sure did," I said, laughing along with her. 

She quickly put her head back down and anxiously awaited another kick.  Since the baby wasn't cooperating, every now and again I would take deep breaths to make my belly move so she would think it was Christmas Baby.  Every time she was equally as excited that her little brother or sister was kicking her.  It was so amazing to watch. 

I love how much she loves this little one growing in my belly even though she has never even met him and has no idea how much this little one is going to rock her world! 

When Charlotte got wind of Frances feeling the baby kick, she was determined to feel it too.  She kept putting her hand on my belly, and Christmas Baby kept refusing to move or kick.  After about the fifth time she tried to feel him move, Charlotte pulled her hand off and started cracking up laughing. "Him is just teasing me!" she beamed. 

Yes, my love, he just loves to tease you.  Though I hope he gives up on this game before he arrives so you can feel him move in my belly.  I have a feeling your reaction will be priceless!  

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet that the baby kicked Frannie:) It must be so hard for a three year old to comprehend what is going on. I have a feeling she really understood that there was a baby in there at that moment!

    ReplyDelete