Yesterday I had another high-risk check-up on Christmas Baby. Wade was able to get away from work, so we decided to take the girls to get a sneak peek at their little brother or sister. The girls were interested for the first minute or so, but quickly lost interest in seeing the baby on the TV screen (though in their defence, Christmas Baby wasn't really cooperating and had her hand over her face for most of the ultrasound).
(And again, I am just using "she" and "her" for Christmas Baby for ease of writing. We still do not know the sex of the baby.)
Christmas Baby is breech and, from what I remember, is pretty much in the same position Frances was in - head to the upper right side, butt stuck in the lower left corner. Her heart rate was 145 and she is weighing in at about 2 pounds, 15 ounces (50th percentile).
My body is still holding strong - good amniotic fluid level and no shortening of the cervix - so Dr. B is very hopeful that I will make it to term for this pregnancy. He wants to check me again in 3 weeks just to be on the safe side. I will be almost 32 weeks at that point, so that will probably be our last check-up with him. Anything after 34 weeks, they don't stop your labor so there is nothing he would do to help keep Christmas Baby cooking.
the only shot Christmas Baby let us get of her - shy little one!
(her head is to the right of the picture - you can see one eye, her nose and mouth)
My contractions have started to kick it up a notch, but Dr. B said that is to be expected at 28 weeks. He wants me to watch them and call him if they get more intense. If needed, he will put me on some medication to help stop them, or at least weaken them.
He also did another fFN test just in case the contractions were a sign of the labor process starting, and thankfully those results came back negative. Hopefully he won't have to do another one of those tests because they are very uncomfortable.
During the ultrasound he looked for signs of CMV infection to the baby and womb. Even though my blood work has been negative, he just wanted to cover all his bases (and I love him for it!). There were no signs of calcification of (on? to?) the brain (I'm so not the medical jargon person!), nor did he see any signs of infection in the womb. Hallelujah!
He did mention doing repeat blood work again since "this (the baby being exposed to CMV) isn't something you really want to be surprised with once the baby is born," but didn't give me a definitive date to get my blood drawn. Not really what I wanted to hear, but I am very thankful he is staying on top of this and looking out for our little one.
I am thankful for each day this baby keeps cooking and just tickled that my body is doing so well this pregnancy!


No comments:
Post a Comment