Tuesday, September 14, 2010

25 week high-risk check up

This morning I had my next follow-up appointment with Dr. B.  He was caught up doing something, so his partner Dr. P did my ultrasound.  She was really sweet and while I much prefer Dr. B's no-nonsense approach, it was a nice change of pace. 

Christmas Baby is still in a jackknife position with her legs straight over her face.  And since her legs are over her face, we really didn't get any good shots of her.  Which is sad because that is the only part of the ultrasound we can really look at!  She is weighing in at 2 pounds, 3 ounces (3 days ahead of schedule) and her heart rate was 157. 

Dr. P took a moment to look for signs of CMV and saw none.  I'm not exactly sure what she was looking for (Wade might know more about that), but apparently if the baby were to be affected by the virus, there would be signs in the ultrasound.  She wrote me a prescription for follow-up blood work in one week (so we will know in two weeks time if I am still all clear).  This is something we will be doing every 3 or 4 weeks for the remainder of the pregnancy just to make sure I have not caught the virus. 

While I don't think I currently have the virus, it was so wonderful to hear that the baby looks "perfect."

My cervix is still holding strong at 3 cm, and when she pressed on my belly "hard," my cervix did not budge. (I had to laugh when she said she pushed hard, because I barely felt her push down.  Dr. B normally makes me wince in pain when he pushes down!)

I am so thankful for another great check-up.  This pregnancy is just trucking along and I couldn't be more tickled about it.  While I do think I will have some anxiety when I hit 27 weeks (when I went into labor with Frances), I am really feeling good about this pregnancy. 

And I cannot tell you how excited I am that I got the all clear to take the girls to the LSU game this weekend!  I can't wait to take Frances and Christmas Baby to their first LSU game!   What a blessing.

God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment