Saturday, September 25, 2010

27 Weeks (belated) and great news!

My precious child,

I was supposed to post this on Wednesday (today is Saturday), but that was Frances' birthday and at the end of the day I had zero energy left.  Then I was going to do it Thursday while your sisters were at school, but I chose to take a two hour nap instead.  And then, well, the week just got away from me.

And so it begins.  Poor third child getting the shaft.  One day we can commiserate together about the pitfalls of being the third child, until then, please accept my sincerest apologies and trust that I will try my best to not give you the pass over too often!

After several retakes (what can I say, Frannie's party wore. me. out.  I still have circles under my eyes I cannot conceal!), here is what I look like 27 weeks, 2 days pregnant. 

See?  Still looking tired.  I am starting to accept that that just might be how I'm going to look for the next, oh I don't know, 12 months or so.  But you are worth it!

Also, during my nap on Thursday I got a call from Dr. B's office.  I tried calling them back the second I woke up, but the nurse was in a room.  She didn't call me back for over an hour and I was on pins and needles!  My last CMV results took a week to come in and I feared an early result was not good.  When the nurse finally called back and said, "Your CMV test came back negative," I almost didn't believe her.  I made her repeat it just in case I was dreaming!

For now, we are in the clear and we are praying that your daddy is no longer contagious.  Either way, the further along I get with the pregnancy, the safer you are from this horrible virus.

Right now we are halfway through week 27 and I am still feeling good (other than tired).  I haven't had any contractions and continuing to pray that my cervix is staying strong.  Your big sister has entered the Troublesome Threes and I have had to pick her up more than I have been this pregnancy (when she throws a tantrum she becomes dead weight wherever she is.  You won't ever do that to me, right?).  I am worried that is not good for my cervix, but there is not much else I can do.  My next check-up with Dr. B is in 9 days, so I guess we shall see then.

Until then, keep on kicking and keep on growing! 

Much love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment