Friday, September 3, 2010

Patience, hope & faith

My precious child,

For the past few weeks your daddy has been sick and we really haven't known why.  After about a week of feeling tired and run down, he started running fever.  Being the amazing daddy that he is, he got busy trying to figure out exactly what was wrong with him.  Blood work, more blood work, and even more blood work has lead us to a place that while not my worst nightmare (something incurable), it is pretty darn close. 

There is this virus out in this world called CMV (cytomegalovirus) that is similar to mono (mononucleosis), but more dangerous to you because it can pass to you through the placenta.  About 80% of adults have been exposed to this virus and don't even know it since infection without symptoms is very common.  Turns out your mama and daddy both fall in that 20% of never being exposed to it and your daddy tested positive for currently having it.  While the outlook would be brighter if I had previous exposure to CMV, I am thankful that I am currently not testing positive for having CMV.

The scariest part of this virus is that you can have it without showing any symptoms.  So while your sisters and I look and feel fine, we could be infected.  I am being very diligent about washing my hands, but that fear is always there. 

I am very worried about you and your safety, but I trust in God and His plan for you.  He had you, and all that comes with being you, picked out especially for your daddy and me long before we even met and fell in love.  I am trying hard to not worry, as I have done enough of that during the first trimester.  You, my love, are the missing piece in our family and I will do everything in my power to protect you from this horrible virus.  I hate that something so small could harm you before you even take your first breath. 

The next four weeks will be a waiting game.  Continuing to test your daddy until all his levels return to normal, and testing me to make sure I remain virus free. 

Waiting.  Patience.  Hope.  Faith. 

Those four words pretty much sum up the story of you. 

You, our miracle third baby, whom we love with all our hearts no matter what.

Much love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment