This morning I had another uneventful "regular" check up. My weight is, according to Dr. T, right on track. I am now 151 pounds, so I haven't gained much since I hit my goal at 22 weeks. I have cut out the Ensure shakes, but think I might start adding one back each day. I have only gained one pound in two weeks and have started to have very mild contractions (they started last week at my check-up with Dr. B and have continued off and on since then). Dr. T said they are probably normal considering my history, but I am to tell him ASAP if they get more intense.
This pregnancy has been more in line with Charlotte's, and I really believe my weight gain has played a big part in that. My contractions while pregnant with Frances were never mild - they would take my breath away and were 90% of the time what I would consider a "real" contraction. With Charlotte, and so far this baby, I would say that 10% were/have been "real" and the rest simple Braxton Hicks.
The baby's heart rate was 157 and he/she has been moving around like crazy today. One flip actually made me jump! There is nothing in this world that compares to the feeling of a baby - something LIVING - moving and flipping around in your belly. It never gets old and puts a smile on my face every time.
Dr. T gave me my orders for my glucose test, but I am going to hold off doing it. No need to torture myself twice in one day (tonight is the dreaded shot night).
I will see Dr. T again in four weeks, then after that I start seeing him twice a week.
Time is just flying by and it is hard to believe that for my pregnancy with Frances I went into labor three weeks from today. If this baby is anything like his/her sisters, he/she will be here in ten weeks! It just blows my mind.
I pray this baby makes me wait longer than that. The theme of this pregnancy seems to be waiting, and I am praying that translates into waiting for his/her arrival. Wouldn't it be a miracle if I had to be induced!?
A mama can dream.....

No comments:
Post a Comment