Thursday, September 30, 2010

28 weeks regular check-up

Yesterday I hit a major milestone in my pregnancy - 28 weeks (aka: the start of the third trimester) - and with no major setbacks or complications too!  Woo hoo!

This morning I had a regular checkup with Dr. T and all looks great.  I officially weigh more than I did when I delivered both girls, but that is what Dr. B wanted.  According to Dr. T's scale, I am at 160 (that is a 35 pound weight gain if you are keeping score at home).  Yikes!  I delivered Frances at 155 and Charlotte just under 160 (I would guess 158), so hitting 160 at 28 weeks is definitely hard to swallow.  But, considering how well I am doing with this pregnancy, I am willing to admit that there just might be a method to Dr. B's madness.  If all this weight means a healthy, TERM baby, well then, it will all be worth it. 

The baby's heart rate was at 149 and my belly is measuring right on track.  I have a check-up with Dr. B on Monday, so I am anxious to see if my cervix is holding up too! 

I have been feeling great (other than tired) and have had a few Braxton Hicks contractions.  The baby is still a mover and shaker, yet will not let others feel her move!  Wade did get to feel the baby move the other day, but when Charlotte tried to feel the baby this morning she stopped when Charlotte put her hand on my belly.  I guess Christmas Baby knows she will be tortured by her siblings once she arrives, so why not torture them now while she has the upper hand!
Yesterday at 28 weeks exactly

When I was searching for pictures for Brooke's birthday post yesterday, I found a picture of me 31 weeks pregnant with Charlotte.  I had my shirt up in the picture, so it really captures the size of my belly.  I couldn't help but think, that is what I look like now!

This morning I tired to recreate that picture for comparison.  It was hard to get a picture in focus using the self-timer because there was nothing to focus on, but I got one that is good enough.   
31 weeks with Charlotte
28 weeks, 1 day with Christmas Baby

It is crazy to me how much my belly looks the same in both pictures.  Same shape, same size, and same point at my belly button.  Makes me wonder if we have a little girl kicking around in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment